Ever wonder where old media goes to die? No. no-one wonders that. You're watching a Vine video on your humongous desktop, thenYoutube blows up, then dies, then blows up. The winds of self-indulgent communication blow gently, and yet consistently. The written word morphed into live streaming, the journal turned into live streaming shorts.
There's an ancient art that happened just after cave scribble, it was called "Blogging"and yes, this is where I say "back in my day" as I rattle my cain in your direction. I am big! it's the screens and attention spans that got small!
Let's skip the junk about kids these days and how everyone once blogged and now walks around with live uploads to their platforms. I was a blogger in the past. A popular one. But, then life moved on. I live by the mantra which states, a sign of a healthy life means there is no sign of it on line. I am having a healthy life. I am with the MOST amazing partner. I thank my lucky stars every day that we are together. Now, why am I typing these words. I miss writing, I miss telling my stories. Sometimes the same stories I've told a dozen time to this amazing partner. His name is Brian. Brain the amazing.
My Dad was a story teller. Not all stories were true, but the truth can be a killer in a good story. But I learned story telling from him. Which may be the only thing I learned from him. Which brings me back to my writing tool, my Macbook. My companion through my college years and stage era of Japanese suit porn. Term papers and blurred business men in the past just as Nice to See StevieB blog posts. Blowing the dust off the keyboard and seeing if the Blogger platform still exists. I does. Oddly enough to find out.
So, hello. Hi. Let's see what happens.
Nice surprise to see you pop up in my feed this evening after all this time. Looking forward to reading your updates.
ReplyDelete