Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's Go 2012

I ushered in 2012 by sitting in a hot tub under the stars, high in the Rocky Mountains with several friendly and gracious bearded gentlemen.


Let's go!
I would urge anyone who gets invited to a New Year’s Eve party held in a mountain cabin far away from civilization to definitely accept the invitation and attend. Without the constant light pollution from the city the stars gleamed brightly, as if to show off their own fireworks to celebrate the coming of a new year. The stars shining upon the mountain snow, the chrome of the four wheel drives, and champagne bottles filled me with excitement for the New Year. 2012. Here we go.

I am incredibly ready to launch this year. Today, I’m almost chomping at the bit to return back to my routine. I understand that the time between Christmas and New Years is designed to be a time of relaxation and to enjoy time with friends, yet every year on this day I’m ready to return to the habitrail that is my daily rut. The traveling to see friends, the parties, and the time spent with family is a lot of energy expelled. Take New Year’s Day, after the evening spent hot tubbing, our group meets for a gestalt breakfast then sets out on an expedition through the hinterland to collect new retail items. Unsere kampf, or our master plan is to score incredibly cheap deals on holiday items. Items to pack up with the ribbon and décor to help kick off next year’s celebration.

With the New Year finding me in a mountain-side cabin, I believe I’m ready to jump back into my world. To take on 2012 with gusto and style. So, for me it’s back to work, back to school, and back to documenting my journey here.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you!! Would have loved to be in the hot tub with yall...mmmm nothing like a hot tub in the winter... i miss mine...arghhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy newest year!

    Now get back there into the games Stevie...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a relaxing week but I'm still not looking forward to returning to the grind on Tuesday morning :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ikea Instagram pics (via that other reprobate) were amusing. Now get back to work

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.