Friday, December 21, 2012

I Am Well


I’ve been walking around lately like my modifiers don’t stink.  This is due to receiving my finial grades for my fall semester. Even with my bad habit of skipping out of class early, I continued my 4.0 grade point average. 

My “look at me I’m so smart” education buzz was shattered last night when upon entering a Boulder 7-11 and the clerk asking me how I was doing, I responded, “I’m doing good.” Well! Damn it. I should of said “I’m doing well.”

Regardless of my 4.0, I still (pardon the colloquialism) ain’t good with the concept of Good verses Well. I guess the Spring semester can’t start soon enough. 

6 comments:

  1. I think your modifiers smell just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never fear, your response was correct.

    http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/good-versus-well.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. D'oh! And I must demur from Rick. Perfectly fine to say "I'm good," meaning "I am good," or "I am fine." If you say "I'm doing good," that implies that you're engaged in some charitable action.

    Obsess! Nitpick! It's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done brainiac. Enjoy the semester break.

    -BosGuy

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.