Tuesday, December 23, 2008

THIRTY-SEVEN

At the end of January I’ll be thirty-seven. I’m not the first, nor the last to talk about the stigma around the years spent on the planet, especially “gay years.” I do however find myself with no concept of age. I’ve dated the guys across the spectrum. Being close to thirty-seven the only thing I know it that I’m thankful that I don’t have the credit score of my twenties. The other day I uttered the phrase “They were old, around 40” around friends. The stigma that “old” somehow means insulting came across some faces. Simply taken into a positive light this could very well mean intelligent, or “all the shit you had to deal with to get you to this point has made you a better person and thank God you don’t have to deal with the crap that someone in there early thirties has to yet do.”

It just goes to show that you choose what you want in life. Either, Choose fear of getting old as you are losing something, or you can sit back and enjoy the ride. And, mock the twenty year old twinks that think they have like figured out. That’s fun too.


[Jesus! When did Steve get all touchy-feely?]

6 comments:

  1. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Stop touching me! fc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an aquarian too? I didn't know that?

    I'm going to be 40 the first week in February and I'm looking forward to it.

    I know exactly what you mean about not having an awareness to my age, I still think I'm 25 - or at least I act like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you're still so young my Aquarian friend. What day does the B-day land on? I'm Jan 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND the fact that the 20yo twinks think they are gonna have those bodies forever! ROFL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're how old? Judging by some of your posts I would've said you were anywhere between 7 and 14. Don't ever loose that playfulness (or your hairline) disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you...

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.