Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Burn Out

Next Monday is my last day of class for the fall semester.  One more paper is due, then I'm done until late January.  There's only one problem. I can't finish my last paper. I just can't do it. 

My sociology class had a three page paper due every-other week all semester long. On the down week, one page "reading notes" were due. That means every week sine September I've done nothing with my free time but write about how horrible white men have screwed up this country. 

I AM. SPENT.  

The last paper is a five pager on basically the same topic. "Why I hate white heterosexuals." Okay, not really, but close. I have three pages done. The same three pages I've been staring at for awhile. Tonight I headed to Starbucks to finish. Done, complete! That way I'll have the weekend to relax. I successfully completed one paragraph. One.  The burnout is epic.  

I spent an hour shopping online for a used Jeep Cherokee Overland edition, chatted with Patrick, and continued to search for a gay B&B in Miami. None of which helped me finish my paper.  The one that's due on Monday. The one I'll be working on over the weekend instead of relaxing. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. When I moved from FloridaI had to take ONE class here in Iowa to get my teaching license - Human Relations for the Classroom Teacher. It should have been called - "How To Be Nice To Other People". Every week we explored a different minority that had been discriminated in classroom materials. By the end of the course, I was just exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you your task! I hope you get through it soon to give you some relief.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.