Monday, November 3, 2014

The Franks Suck

I completely failed my History mid-term exam. Completely. Totally. I received my grade back and winced. 56%, that's an "F" no matter how you shake it.

I know why I received this grade. It's not because I spent the whole day before on a date in Boulder, although that didn't help. It was I studied the wrong things. I  didn't pick up on the subtle information laid down by the Professor on what would be on the test. For example; there was a map portion of the test,  a blank map of Europe was given and I would identify specific areas. Now, it had the possibility   of any era of medieval times.  From the tribal clans of the Gauls up to Charlemenge's empire.  I studied and memorized all realms, ages, territories, and changes to the European map throughout the decades.  All the way unto the last of the era of the Carolingian Empire; I forgot to study that. Guess what the map portion of the test was? Yep, the stupid late Carolingian Empire.

I sat there, glazed over. Attempting to remember how the empire was divided up after stupid Charlemenge died. Jerks. Naming their empires such stupid, hard to remember things.  I had to abandon that portion of the test. Which is why I got an "F" because of the stupid Franks. God I hate them, they just ruin everything.  Jerks.

So, that's how I got an "F" on my history exam. Not because I was spending time having fun on a date; it was the Charlemenge's fault for having so many sons that they split up the empire upon his death. 

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried a mnemonic you can apply to both medieval history and dates? Something like "Frisia on top, Septimania below, grab his Lombard kingdom and blow, blow, blow"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlemenge fucks and gets empires.....you fuc....ummmm...."date" and get an F.

    I guess history does not repeat itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. take comfort they had their Frankish butts kicked by the Vikings.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.