Saturday, February 20, 2016

Adventure Time

 I realized that I am an old gay man. This moment in my life occurred as I stood in front of the soda machine of my local Panara Bread. I was sporting my new cardigan sweater, sweats, and Uggs. I was dressed for comfort. Let's just say, that I would not be snapping a new Grindr profile pic in the Pandara bathroom. In my comfort driven ensemble, I approached the wide selection of iced teas. I was looking for a nice herbal tea. As it was 8:30 at night, I didn't want a tea that would keep me awake all night. I glanced over and spotted the Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. Great! I could have it all!

This is when it hit me; in the recent past my nights were filled with dancing, boozing, and urban spelunking. Now I'm excited about caffeine free drinks. 

That's it! I need to get back to scaring myself. I've gotten way to comfortable. I need to get back into doing things I love. Thinks that require risk. That's why I chose the fully caffeinated soda. I will drink the caffeine and go have an adventure. 

3 comments:

Fearsome Beard said...

Can you hear the sound of an aging Beard laughing from experience?

anne marie in philly said...

oh murgatroyd! you are so NOT old! but yeah, step outside the lines and see what happens; ya might enjoy the ride!

Roger said...

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile .... Especially thinking about what I was wearing last nite walking to Panera and the fashion show at the patio tables at the "Gaybucks" at Ansley. 😀