Thursday, March 1, 2012

Crunchatize Me Cap'n!

I have been craving huge amounts of cereal this week. I’m finding that it doesn’t matter what kind, just cereal. I have ventured to the grocery store several times trying to find the next brightly colored box to get my fix.

Yesterday I stood in the middle of the seemingly endless breakfast food isle. A parade of cereal cartoon mascots mocking me for the staring contest I foolishly instigated with Tony the Tiger. Keeping my gaze fixed on the buff tiger, I pulled out my phone. I dialed my ex boyfriend. I was about to ask him if he remembered that type of cereal I loved to eat back…. eight years ago? Because... that’s a normal thing to phone your ex boyfriend and inquire about.

I lost the staring contest with Tony as it hit me; I needed to listen to my body. It was trying to tell me that I was in serious need of something. I did know it wasn’t a carbohydrate craving. I know how those urges that make me want to be number two in a human centipede with the Krispy Kream conveyor belt feel like. This wasn’t a carb-hole, my body needed something more. Whole grains? Fiber?

After exploring dietary nutrition information, reading about the benefits of fiber, and re-reading my multi-vitamin bottles, it dawned on me. It wasn’t my body that was making me crave whole grains, it was my head. The happiest way to escape stress has always been for me to sit in my underwear, eat Cap’n Crunch, and watch Superman cartoons.With my work and school stress this week, my head was urging me to have some underwear clad cereal time.

After going for a run, finishing a paper on Shakespeare’s, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and finishing my monthly reports for work, it will be time to unplug and watch some serious amounts of Cartoon Network. Time for me to just relax in my Under Armour with the Cap’n.

6 comments:

  1. I bring the 2(x)ists and milk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cereal, but I never developed a liking for Cap'n Crunch. The first time I ever tried it was in college. I'm more of the granola type I guess, but I can stop by in my boxers and pull up a bowl of my own box o' cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always more of a cocoa pebbles guy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never had cereal. I always ate cream of wheat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like Honeycomb, but Cap 'N Crunch is a fave, I just never buy it. I eat it when I visit a friend's house.

    ...and don't let CB fool you - you know he's all about FRUITY pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm... Cap'n Crunch. Mixed with Fruity Pebbles. Tasty goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.