Monday, September 30, 2013

Barilla is Al Donte

It's funny, the whole Barilla pasta CEO stating the he believes in "traditional families" and that homosexuals should eat another brand. It's not the ignorance of a corporation shoving customers away, it's the barking conservatives stating that the  GLBT "activists" are attempting to hijack Barilla for the furthering of some sort of minority cause. 

I choose where I spend my money. I do my research on corporations, and decide what brands I will support. I'm not alone. Most people I know, make informed choices. The  credit card I've chosen gives money to the HRC, the place I buy my groceries extends domestic partner benefits.  It is very easy to find out if the company you're giving money too is onboard and in line with your morals and standards.

Shark Boy http://sharkboy.ca 
fingers pasta

Barilla just did our work for us. The CEO invited anyone who believes in equality to give money to another brand. So, I find it hysterical that conservatives are trying their best to turn hate and prejudice around and blame the supporters of equality. As if standing up and declaring that we say "no" to hate is an agenda. We are simply taking Barilla pasta empires CEO, Guido Barilla's invitation. I will buy another brand of pasta.  

2 comments:

  1. Well said StevieB. Check out their competitor, Bertolli, 2009 gay-themed pasta advertisement.

    When will CEOs learn that they are entitled to their opinions, but once they verbalize them their organizations will be held accountable.

    I assume Chik-Fil-A will start serving Barilla pasta in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tossed a box of Barilla into the garbage yesterday.

    It was that whole wheat shit anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.