Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day

The Labor Day weekend was just the kick off to my "Late Summer Staycation." For me this is a quiet time to enjoy the ending of the crazy summer and welcome the fall season. This breather seemed to be the only time I could crank up the tunes and strip down to running shorts to give a well-deserved hand wax to the car in the local gay park. Truly a great way to meet people.


Labor Day found me relaxing with friends having a barbecue; it was just a  cat dangling afternoon....


After the symbolism of Labor Day betokening the end of summer, my mind too thought of fall. Well, new athletic shoes for fall. Mostly because everything makes be think of new athletic shoes. This prompted me to finally organize my obsession. So I went to the Homo Depot and bought a cart of this...


I then, turned it into this..



It's been a pretty great week off. As my home projects are done; today I'm off to the mall. The reorganizing of my running shoes gave me room to buy a couple more pair.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Imelda B. Good one Blobby.

    What I don't understand is why, after jonesing for Denver's IKEA to open like an ADHD kid waiting for Christmas, Stevie gets his closet fixtures at Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I got to use a bolt cutters marked "Employees Only" to make all of my measured cuts whilst the employees ignored me. Left with all my shelves just the correct length. Can't do that at IKEA.

    Sorry, IKEA, I still love you. And your down pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.