Thursday, January 24, 2013

Making Mark Love Me


Last night was the first day of class for the spring semester. I pondered why the winter break went by so incredibly fast as I tossed my concrete filled backpack onto a table in the back row of my first class. This semester, all but one of my textbooks are hard covers.

It took me exactly twelve seconds to look over and fall in love with a guy in my history class. He is just adorable; slim frame, messy hair. The way he slouched in his chair and played with his iPhone during the syllabus review…dreamy.   During attendance, I discovered my betrothed name was Mark Jacobson. I immediately started to doodle on the cover of my The America Promise (the irony didn't pass me) textbook. Mrs. Steven Jacobson. Mark and Steve forever. Steve loves Mark.  Around this time of fighting the urge to write a note asking if he liked me, check YES or NO, I had the thought that you don’t hear a lot of kids these days named Mark. Oh, my crush is like eighteen?  I tore the cover from my book and broke up with Mark in a crushing scene. In my head.  I am such a dirty old man. 

Be warned: I am taking a philosophy class and also studying the biographies of Martin Luther King and Malcolm X this semester. Ahead for us lies/lays (God, I should of taken another English class) geeky blog posts in regard to Plato, Dr. King, and how Mark Jacobson doesn’t love me. 

5 comments:

  1. You should see my notebook cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know he doesn't love you. An analysis of his handwriting - maybe the way he loops his 'e's will tell you that he's really shy at parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all eventually become dirty old men. Welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your break up. You'll find someone new. There are plenty of fish in the sea. It just wasn't meant to be!

    Did you at least make him cry?

    In you head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean they don't offer your text books on an iPad yet? Isn't this the 21st century?

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.