Monday, September 15, 2014

StevieB is Huge in Russia

Inside the Blogger.com site, where I write this abomination of a blog, there is a handy page that gives me a ton of interesting data. Like how many people have visited my blog. And with bloggers leaving the blog world in droves, It's interesting to see who reads blogs anymore. Yet, this handy page lets me know that 207 viewers clicked upon my Stevie-blog today. So..... thanks for that. Some times I feel that blogging has gone the way of iPods without phones in them.

The analytics page of my blog also calculates what sites are referring traffic to my blog. Just a Jeep Guy is always the number one site, followed by Patrick and Homer. So.... thanks guys.  A fun bit  is how search engines were used to find my blog, the number one search people use to find me is:  "Gay Muscle Worship" I'm not really sure why? Every time I attempt to research the Google search, I get sucked down a gay muscle worship rabbit hole and forget what I was doing.

The very best analytic is Traffic Sources. This breaks down where in the world my blog traffic comes from. Number two on the list fluctuates between Germany and Russia. Around three hundred views weekly come from either one of these countries.  And, as much as I'd like to think that I'm huge in Russia (Привет , я хотел бы тереть мои огромные пенис на ваш плотный, мускулистый живот.)  I fear it's actually just web crawlers, looking for data.

I think this mostly because of the massive amounts of spam comments I receive. Most read like this...
Its like you learn my mind! You appear to grasp so much approximately this, like you wrote the e book in it or something. I think that you simply can do with a few percent to force the message house a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.... 
Then they go on to link their creepy website about psychic love readings or something.  The joke is on them as there were fifty of these comments on my blog post, The Lumberjack Horticulturist where I whined about seeing the cutest Otter-boy ever just to let his flannel clan hotness slip way. So the commenter is correct, I do grasp so much approximately to this topic. 

4 comments:

  1. usually jeep guy is my first referral; currently it's a tie between slugmama and I should be laughing.

    my top 3 countries are US, china, france. firefox is the top browser on a windows PC.

    "gay muscle worship" eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that too. I assume they're just bots getting everyone's passwords. Pesky Russians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me, I have a post I need to write about how to block those countries. Damn spambots and script kiddies, using up my data.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Russian comment was an invitation to do something dirrrrrrty...I knew that bachelor's degree in Russian Language would come in handy one day!

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.