Saturday, June 20, 2020

Livingroom Bird

I learned a valuable lesson today. The lesson being to close your fireplace flu after the cold season is over. I had, until today never thought of closing my fireplace flu after the cold season as closing the soot covered metal trap door seemed like an act just to keep the warm air in; and since the ambient temperature did not call for it, I just simply left it open. Until today when I was given a new house guest.

Upon returning from the gym I entered my house to find a bird desperately attempting to operate the patio door lock in the living room.  It was a smallish grey bird that seemed judgmental of my choice of glass in my windowpanes. And yet, pretty chill as it did not panic as I reached in close to open the siding patio door. It hung out for a bit before finally hopping out the door and onto my lanai. I then franticly searched for how the little feathered dude entered my house. I found all entry points sealed. Upon texting my cleaver boyfriend he quickly suggested the entry point must of been the fireplace. As he tested this, I glanced over at my white painted brick to see grey ash and bird poop covering the area. My battery operated LED candles (placed perfectly at a casual angles upon the fireplace Mantel) strewn about without regard. The clear point of entry for the bird-intruder.

So upon cleaning of bird poop from many surfaces and vacuuming a solid layer of wood ash my living room was free from evidence of the bird-bugler. Closing the fireplace flu as precaution.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.