Friday, June 5, 2020

And So It Goes...

In the last couple of days, I have been reformatting my blog layout and all the links. I had to delete my "Pictures of StevieB" because the link was broken, and honestly I have no idea where it was even linked. The list entitled "Stuff StevieB Reads" Mostly consisted of blogs that went dark at the end of Obama's first term. The blogs listed for the most part had not posted anything in four or five years.

I am not passing judgment on these bloggers; they hopefully found other outlets to communicate their stories. Just that the era of the personal blog seems to have passed. I also had stopped posting for quite a while. And there were two reasons for this. The first reason I would state is that I had no story to tell. No life-tale needing to be told into my online diary. As we know one main reason people did blog was because they wanted an electronic diary to record their memories. I simply went through a phase were I felt I did not need a written catharsis. The second reason was that people became more and more entitled to read this platform. The examination of my work was not the issue, it was not even the feeling privacy lost.... maybe judgement of grammar and tone of voice.

These reasons, in retrospect, were stooooid notions. During this time, I experienced the death of my Mother, my Father, ended a relationship, and several friendships. These were not processed in a manner that needed shared via blogging. And yet; here I am. Returning to this format as a diary to record my story. Feeling totally at ease in continuing my path.  So let us go forth and examine a life lived / and to be lived. You may notice that the "Comment" ability has also been turned off going forward on my blog. Another reformat.  This is nothing to reflect the conversation of the readers side, just to remove the expectation of response. I am finding it rather freeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.