Friday, February 28, 2014

Our Lady J

It happens after every Big Gay Cruise. I become obsessed. 

I become completely obsessed with one of the entertainers on the ship, and turn into a crazy fan girl for the next year. Kylie Minogue was first introduced to me on a gay cruise, back in the day. Deborah Cox was on another vacation. Even Dixie Longate was the subject of one of these obsessive episodes. Dixie spurred on driving across the countryside months after the on-board Drag Queen Tupperware  show,  with seven other homos just to see this drag Tupperware show again. That might be considered kind of crazy. 

This last vacation was no different. 

I have been living and breathing the music of Our Lady J


Born a fay boy in a Mennonite style upbringing within the Pentecostal Church; it seems her only outlet was the piano. Fueled by her own obsession with Dolly Parton, she delivered an amazing show on board the Big Gay Cruise. Since then, I have lived and breathed her music. Yesterday I caught myself singing along, out loud, to her song Elegance at the gym. Picture it, a line of dudes at the mirror pounding away at the free-weights, and a bearded queen in the middle in an Oregon Wrestling t-shirt burning out the 55lb dumbbells on bicep curls singing… 


I stand for elegance. I live for elegance.
I breathe for elegance. I’ll die for elegance.
I stand for elegance. I live for all things beautiful:
Taste, culture, polish, performance, grace, and dignity.*

That will learn those gym rats something. I highly recommend checking out this amazing singer. 



Our Lady J website Where you can listen to her new album



*http://www.ourladyj.com/Our_Lady_J/lyrics.html

3 comments:

  1. I wish you would have dragged me to see this. (No pun intended.) The only culture I exposed myself to on that boat was a wonderful piano concerto and whatever this frothy stuff is I've been coughing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to learn of new singers this way; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now download "Fabulous" from High School Musical 2.

    You'll thank me later for it.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.