Monday, July 28, 2008

I got gas

I would like to say that we live in a picturesque Colorado Mountain town. But the reality is far from that. The towns claim to fame is 8 Mexican restaurants and that hundreds of Japanese Americans were interned there during WWII. Put that on a tourism website.
Gas in Denver has reached $4.10 a gallon but in Denver’s hinterland it’s around $4.00. There are four gas stations in town, two of these are on opposite ends of the main “drag” both are at $3.82. What a frickin seal, right.
Fuzzy finally came out and asked why I kept driving past the You Pump It (makes me giggle every time) down to the new Kum and Go (more giggling.) Well, I said “their pumps don’t work.” He had a long pause while slowly turning this around in his head. “Why wouldn’t they work for you?” I responded with a DUH tone “they don’t have credit card swipers.” Fuzzy still kept a low, even tone.” You know that they’re older pumps you have to go in and pay.” Still not picking this up I responded “Go in and pay? That doesn’t sound right.” He then explained to me about this stuff called cash. People use it to purchase goods and services. He then inquired if I approached Coke machines with my credit card and just repeatedly jammed my plastic into any hole. “No, that only works with you. “ I calmly retorted.

4 comments:

  1. Those gas station names have got to be a joke. For real?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. If your bored:

    http://www.kumandgo.com

    http://www.coloradogasprices.com/U_Pump_It_Gas_Stations/index.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, sorry could you explain that cash thing to me again. I've never heard of such a ridiculous idea!

    I wish we had cool gas station names like that but over here they are simply branded BP, Shell, Mobil, Caltex, Ampol etc. Hardy worth ridiculing really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stations with old fashioned pumps are scary.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.