Thursday, May 19, 2011

WHAT WOULD MICHAEL PHELPS DO?

I’m having one of those weeks.


The type were the laundry stays in the overfilled hamper, where the delivery guys start calling you by name. I’m not depressed or even just lazy, far from it. I guess you’d call it “cocooning” in the bedroom with the dog and the Mac Book.

This week has been about relaxation. Maybe it was brought on by the rainy Seattle-like weather. I’m really liking the indulging in quality Steve time. But if the dog asks tell him it’s all about him.

Last night, on my belly buying music from iTunes in the middle of the oversized Simmons Beautyrest I realized that un-plugging is fine, but I haven’t been for a run all week. This is when I turned to the dog and asked:

“WWMPD?”
"I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it".

-Michael Phelps

I don’t think of myself as an athlete by any means, I do however believe in the characteristics that great athletes personify. That remodeling behavior is how we as humans learn. Also I’m so entirely in love with Michael Phelps I’d listen to anything he had to say on the subject of training. Although I see myself in my next life as one of the guys on the college swim team, in this life I just want to last for more miles when running.

Having a couple days to hang out in the bed with the dog and a box of Pizza Hut is fine. Putting running shoes on and hitting the trail is where I need to put my mind.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when athletes at the top of their sport say "nothing's impossible if you just apply yourself".

    Let's see him apply himself and become a nuclear physicist.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.