Wednesday, May 25, 2011

RUNNING

It’s been one year since I committed myself to running. Do more than talk about good health, but actually put puma to pavement.

Other then the obvious being losing twenty-eight pounds, I’ve also found a new hobby, a new mindset, and a new outlook. It’s funny how something as easy as putting on running shoes and just moving forward down the path could help me… move forward down the path.
“Everyone who has run knows that it’s most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring.” – Jimmy Carter
What can’t President Carter do? Sorry, I probably think about Jimmy Carter too much. Thank God, my Armband iPod holder came in the mail. Now I can fill my brain with Robyn and stop thinking about Jimmy Carter.




4 comments:

  1. Steve: Good for you! I love how you can "zone out" mentally during a run. Also, when you run for a while (ie: when training for a big race), I love the feeling of your leg muscles going BOING, BOING, BOING as you walk along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would TOTALLY join you in this running thing, except that I absolutely hate running.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.