Monday, January 6, 2014

Hamlet's Happy Outlook

Happy 2014. 

Yes, I did start out this year with a major part of the circle of friends we call family slipping skin and tearing away this mortal coil. I’m attempting to see it as how lucky she is to be able to toss away the troubles of daily life and the strife. In these times, as in most changes in my life I turn to the "To be, or not to be" monologue in Shakespeare's Hamlet. As he was a righteous dude. 

As I drove to work last Thursday, a police car, the officer holding up a radar gun directly at me, so much so that I could see how he was squinting, pegged me going fifteen over the limit. At least I thought so, until I kept driving and he didn’t move. Wheeeeew. On Sunday, the highway was completely frozen-over when a pick-up truck traveling in front of me started to fishtail. After completing two 360 degree spins the truck head straight for me. Inches from my hood, he strangely started to spin the other way. 

Yeah, it’s going to be a good year. Considering it’s only five weeks and two days until the big gay cruise. And, most importantly in my world, the gym has not been overwrought with resolution makers. Wheeeeew.


“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” 

― William Shakespeare, Hamlet

1 comment:

  1. that spinning thing would have made me shit my pants. Probably. Maybe metaphorically, like a beast with two backs.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.