Monday, October 4, 2010

MY 650 BLOG POST

Today’s marks my 650th blog post. Wow, it boggles my mind to think that I’ve rambled on in a narcissistic self-severing tone for 650 posts. What I lack in creativity and grammar skills makes up in determination. Well, let’s start number 650 on my favorite topics: my iPhone and Pumas.

After getting my iPhone 4, I came to the realization that the drawer of electronics past was getting full. My past plan of shoving the old phone into the drawer with the Razor, Sony Handycam, parade of tiny Nokias, and maybe a pager or two wasn’t the best idea. Mostly because the iPhone 3G was worth money. Really? Wow. This realization was quickly followed by the dread of having to sell it on Craigslist, and speaking to the mere mortals that shop on Craigslist. I had scenarios flash into my head.

“Does this phone….like… make calls and stuff?”

“How would this phone compare to say… a toaster?”

“If I mailed you a check for 5K could you mail the phone to Damyang?”

So, last Saturday night I took some photos and made a posting. That’s when the new phone started to ring. And ring. And ring. For twenty minutes. “Huh? Guess I may have posted it for a lower price than I thought?” I sold it to the first guy to sound polite, in ten minutes flat. I met him yesterday, Bada Bing done.

And although I quickly found myself in the Puma store convinced that I should blow my wad on new Pumas (pun intended) I quickly used my “phone a friend” option and threw the cash into the bank towards the credit card. Wow, when did I become an adult?

6 comments:

  1. Happy 650th StevieB!!!

    Very proud of you for putting money in the bank. But kind of a shame. Would love to see you blow your wad on Pumas. ;o)

    Oh, and there's a difference between being an adult and being a grown-up. An adult has simply changed physically and matured that way. A grown-up is the practical, logical one. You were tempted by trainers and you like Doctor Who. Definitely not a grown up. And that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 650th post Stevie! While that's a tremendous accomplisment, I only recently discovered your blog so for me it's like 10. Could you summarize the other 640 for me? Just kidding, I get my fix on your old entries while waiting patiently for you to post new ones.

    I would have loved to have seen your new shoes too, but I have a hard time believing you'd really defile them. If you did I'd have to take them into protective custody. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 650th!
    Why is number 650 that important? You could celebrate 675 instead! Why 650? I could understand 600 or 700...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inquiring minds wanna know what friend you phoned so you could blow your wad?

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw... you should just go to a Target or Best Buy or Generic Electronics Box Store and dump all those old cellphones into the recycling bin.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.