Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DVD Challenge

I have an incredibly small DVD collection; this is probably due my obsession with Netflix.  My Netflix cue is a two page list of Godzilla, Dr. Who, and foreign films.  There are however two TV series I ravenously collect on DVD, Dallas and Absolutely Fabulous.



This week I’m feeling quite smart. The two TV series I collect both had announcements that they are returning to the airwaves. I’m quite the astute collector.



Dallas will comeback in the summer of 2012 as the next generation (DallasTNG?) The series on TNT will have JR and Bobby’s sons taking up the fight for Ewing Oil 33 years after Bobby walked back onto the ranch.


Absolutely Fabulous will return later this year with three specials to celebrate the show's 20th anniversary. Yes, it’s been 20 years of AbFab.

As you can surmise, I’m one happy homo.


I’ve shown you my DVD collection, now it’s time for you to show me yours. That’s right, I want to see what’s in your collection. Take a picture, and send me a link to somewhere on the interwebs I can see it. Blog it. Flickr it. Or simply send me the photo and I’ll post it. Just let me know your DVD passions.













*I categorically deny the existence of the movie Beaches in the above photo.

10 comments:

  1. Here's a picture from 2009 when I had more than 500 DVD's

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1151970952711&set=a.1110559557452.18766.1030740826&type=1&theater

    I whittled it down to about 150 and now when I just moved I've whittled it down to closer to a hundred....but I'm actually thinking of selling most of those at my yard sale this weekend because I never watch them and they just take up room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's the one on the end? "Bearlin"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to officially meet you because you have THE EYES OF LAURA MARS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, here's mine... I mean "ours" - Mostly the husband's but mine is mixed in there like a good married couple.

    http://www.deadrobot.com/2011/08/31/digital-media/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Michael, That is crazy. I bet it was a lot to move.
    @Ted, I went on a Bear Cruise back in '08. I still have the DVD. There are shots of me looking like a leaf floating around a pool of large bears. You have so many movies there are alligators riding them.
    @ Viktor, Yep. Amazing movie and one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm psyched about Ab Fab too. I don't watch much TV and even less movies, but that series always leaves me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just drove by Southfork and waved fro you lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very stoked about Ad Fab too. Don't feel bad about owning Beaches...It just means you have a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I’m one happy homo." That makes two of us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Ab Fab can't wait for it!

    I do have Beaches on DVD, but it always makes me cry

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.