Monday, October 20, 2008

GAS GODS

I filled up the Jeep over the weekend. That's when I saw the gas had fallen below 3 bucks a gallon. I started to scream and jump up and down like I had just won Lotto.
"Thanks be praised, thanks be praised to the Sir, Mr. Gas God. Yesss Sir. Thanks Sir Gas God."
I feel that my feelings were shared by my surrounding gas station disciples. I could tell because the hoots were deafening. As I pumped my Manna from heaven I realized that I may be suffering from a small case of Stockholm syndrome. The state of mind in which "the hostage" shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker, regardless of the danger in which they have been placed. But still, I'll take it.



2 comments:

  1. dammit. on the east side of the island, we are still at around $3.75. the low on-island is costco on the west side at $3.20 or somewhere around there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm affraid to talk about the costs for fear someone will hear me and then change it back up! But i'm happy about it and um yes I jumped too! I find myself filling up after each trip just in case! lol

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.