Monday, November 1, 2010

STEVIEB'S SPOOKY DREAM

I had a nightmare last night, fitting I guess for Halloween. It was the typical haunted house and scary ghost dream but, with a typical Steve perspective.


The plot of the dream was that my friend Carl had been left some property from a lost forgotten relative. It had an old Victorian mansion on the front of the property and pre-WWII warehouses along the back facing the river. The house had not been lived in for years and was famous for its paranormal activity.

Carl started out wanting to turn the warehouses into lofts and the house into the community’s office/visitors center. I stepped up and was eager to help clean up the old house but soon the effort stopped because of the many accidents, soon the work crews wouldn’t continue the project. This effort was also stopped because every day I moved forward in the rehab of the house the matriarch of the house would try to stop from the spirit world. My effort to help my friend Carl was also stopped because every day there was a parade of “ghost hunters” underfoot. A line of eager paranormal investigators ripping down the fresh plywood on the windows and breaking in to get their nerd on.

So, the dream wasn’t about ghosts, it really was about property management. Most of the dream was me cursing idiots under my breath as I once again used my Dewalt to screw the plywood back up over the first floor windows.

I woke up exhausted and sore from all the manual labor. I’m so glad it’s November.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hate those working dreams. When you wake up exhausted only to realize... it's time to go to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was probably one of the spook hunters. sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna hear what Stevie dreams about after watching an all-day Golden Girls marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what the dream means! Stevie needs to make a trip to California and get the construction bug out of his system by working on a house that needs love -- hint... hint...

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.