Wednesday, January 13, 2010

IRON CHEF STEVIEB

I have no idea when I started to enjoy cooking; it’s really been a recent development. I guess there comes a time in a guy’s life when he comes to a crossroads of chicken nuggets for eternity or making stuff that he actually likes. Last night it was Thai peanut sauce with stir-fry.

Dalton introduced me to Vietnamese and Thai food when we lived in Dallas, we would make a weekly trip to The Green Papaya restaurant on Oak Lawn. If you’re ever in Dallas, check it out. The spring rolls are the best I’ve ever had. This is where I started my love affair with Vietnamese/Thai and peanut sauce.

Aaaaaaaghh……spring rolls.
(To be said out loud like Homer Simpson)

I was a little embarrassed when I discovered how easy was it was to make this incredible sauce. Just peanut butter and a couple of other easy ingredients, and within twenty minutes I had a veggie stir-fry I was pretty frickin proud of, and the better half was able to scarf down. Now spring rolls….that may take a quantum leap for me, but it’s next on the Stevie food challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Over the last couple years I've started to get a bit more adventurous in cooking too. Thai is my one of my FAV foods. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as Homer said!!!
    dinner party! yay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm gonna try some new stuff and I've put the others on alert... you're on the list Stevie - when I get confused I might have to call for help while trying to make stuff. Just sayin! And this sounds good if I can make some he might like it! Wahooooo I miss fondue too BTW We shoudl do that again! (Go out to it)

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.