Wednesday, June 29, 2011

THE TIES THAT BIND

Jim over at Jim’s Stuff Blog talked today about his stuff. More precisely his closet, more precisely his ties. Jim posed the question “What’s in your closet?” I thought I’d answer.




I was about to say that I don’t own a lot of ties. Although I did have jobs in the past were I was required to wear them. Then I stopped and examined the photo. The flowery monstrosity was from back at University when I would dress in that tie, white dress shirt, threadbare ripped jeans and combat boots. This was to coordinate with my Flock of Seagulls hair.

Second from the left is my first Giorgio Armani. This was purchased for a wedding in 199something…. Big silver was for my commitment ceremony with Dalton.



I guess I hold on to things more than I thought. So, what’s in your closet?

7 comments:

  1. I have a Hawaiian shirt from a family vacation in 1978 in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a silk floral jacket from Hong Kong that I wear once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than I'm willing to admit. Even though its summer, I'm due for some spring cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - SOOOOOOO many things I shouldnt have - in sizes I will NEVER get squeeze back into ....

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a coat my brother received Christmas 1979, a box of love letters my father wrote my mother in the the 50's and a Lite-Brite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have like 60 ties... from fun to formal.

    Now I have 3-- that i never wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Patron hidden in my bomber jacket pocket, Cutty Sark in my BOSS wingtips, Jim Beam in a faux beaver overcoat, and an empty Smirnoff bottle in plain sight to distract you from the Grey Goose I hide under a "Kettle One" Beach towel.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.