Monday, June 6, 2011

SUMMER BEGINS

I feel that summer has finally arrived. This sense of utter summer happiness was brought along by a couple of things this weekend.

For the first time in my life I went for a run without my shirt on. Just stripped to the running shorts and took off. The sprinklers in the park drenching me with potable water and summertime bliss. On Sunday I attended my first beer bust of the season at The Denver Wrangler, our local bear bar. As I stood there enjoying the kick-off to summer I enjoyed the utter enjoyment of standing in a sea of cargo shorts, sleeveless T-shirts and stupidly expensive sunglasses.

Oh, yes. There was the annual trip to the mall to buy summertime sunglasses. Then spend the remaining summer trying not to sit on them. This season I will try to protect a very cool pair of Gucci shades from not getting destroyed. Wish me luck.

If you need me I’ll be by the pool with my work laptop, guarding 300 bucks worth of Gucci from getting scratched.



2 comments:

  1. I have a couple of Gucci sunglasses, they're cute. But I need to stay consistent with LV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I only buy sunglasses under $20. I lose or break them constantly.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.