Sunday, November 11, 2007

Road trip

So, I'm leaving on a road trip tomorrow to take my partner of 4 years to New York. He's moving to Brooklyn, this is something that he's always wanted; all his friends have ended up in the city. So I'm trying to be supportive, trying to keep his sprits up and keep him focused on what a great thing this will be (leaving his job, selling his car and moving to a strange city.) He'll finally get to live in the city with all of his friends and close to all the theater and museums that he loves.

It just hit me about an hour ago that my lover/partner and friend is leaving. He had been my very closest friend through the years since we met in Dallas and I always knew that he wanted to live in a bigger city, Dallas was to small and Denver was REALLY too small, I know that living in NY will be the very best thing that could possible happen to D. So when ya know that a friend wants something badly ya just help out however ya can.

God damn, I don't need this to be a downer. But Suddenly I'm really pissed and sad. When ya sleep next to someone for all these years then suddenly their gone. That hurts my head.

We're driving his moving van through to Brooklyn; and I've mapped out all the fast food places I want to stop at. Runza, Steak and Shake and the best White Castle. I'm pissed that there is not a single Jack n the Box on the way but HELLO White Castle. Leave it to me to be dumped by a guy, help him move across the country to get away from me, then be excited about fast food joints along the way. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.