Wednesday, September 23, 2009

GYM UPDATE

This is how I like the gym...



Just one power lifter doing his thing over on the Smith Machine. Between sets yesterday I kept my heart pumping by reenacting the dance sequences from Madonna’s Borderline video. It was soon after that the entire gym cleared out. I was then able to leave a 60pound weight on a flat bench for 20 minutes; I wasn't using it, I just wanted to see what it felt like.

I have however, been avoiding the treadmill the last couple of days. Monday it was because my tan was uneven, Tuesday because the Ben and Dave’s Six Pack Podcast hadn’t been updated. Today no excuses, back to running! I did get a solid run Sunday, that’s when I saw the little person.

Sunday morning I felt like crap. Not because of all the malt liquor from the night before, no. I just didn’t feel good. Still, I was determined to pull my ass around Cheesman Park. Halfway through my run I came to a crosswalk, looked down and realized I was crossing with a little person (I think they like to be called midget freaks now…right?) I didn’t stop to ask which term she might prefer because I believe she was a little person of-the-evening, if you get my drift. She was all kinds of done up - hair teased high into a Tammy Wynette bouffant that really set off the cowboy boots. So, I didn't ask if she would rather be referred to as "dwarf" or "wee cowgirl" because I didn’t have my wallet on me.

Maybe avoiding the treadmill is a bad idea.

5 comments:

  1. I've been avoiding the gym all together. Ugh. I need to get back in there. A few weeks off is a few too many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what fortitude...I've been avoiding the gym for months now! My quest continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gym, I have playlist for cardio and lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They prefer to be called "shrinky dinks".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did she say; "My leg in your ass for 20 bucks?"

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.