Monday, April 20, 2009

SCI-NERD-FI

We went to the Sci-Fi convention this weekend here in Denver. Wow! If you ever want to feel really good about yourself, head out to one of these feasts-o-nerds. There was about six of us, we stayed pretty close to each other as to not get attacked by something coming through the Stargate.

I only collect cool comics*, like the Red Star series and I did find a couple of rare issues. Not that it makes me a nerd or anything.

I also found out that despite their sunny reputation, Klingons are not a fun people. I found this out when a rubenesque Klingon ran smack into me. Since he was 5’4” he bounced off and as he started to curse me in his native tongue I said something like “Oh—you’re sooo cute.” Never tell a short Klingon he’s cute. Never.


*Cool as in socially awkward, not dateless.

3 comments:

  1. In the words of Homer Simpson "NEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRD!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I mean that in a sexy nerdy kina way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Klingon? I don't believe there is such a thing!

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.