Thursday, March 12, 2009

FROZEN DEAD GUY

Last Saturday we attended the Frozen Dead Guy Days up in frozen tundra of Nederland, Colorado. This is an annual festival to celebrate Nederland’s favorite frozen dead guy. Here’s the link if you want all the facts as to why a small mountain town would have a parade in honor of an elder gentleman who had his carcass frozen. Let’s just say that it’s the Rocky Mountains and in small mountain towns people just do that kind of stuff. And, by that stuff I mean, being Cryogenically frozen. Then stored in a Tuff Shed awaiting flying cars.

The adventure was part of Jerrod’s birthday weekend, to stand in the cold and drink beer. I have to say it was actually pretty damn fun. We found a bar that had a huge gaggle of gays. Much to the surprise of the local alcoholics. At one point a 5’4” mostly drunk , drunk punched Jerrod stating something about fags. Of course one look from Jerrod of “I’m three times larger than you and the four muscled guys next to me are more than ready to step in.” Stopped any bar fight from starting. Man, I kind of wished he threw a punch. Just so I could blog about it. So, here’s a picture of us, standing in the snow, drinking beer. In the snow….did I mention snow? Good times.

4 comments:

  1. You're the second Denver blogger I read that went up there for the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally reminds me of the Bigfoot Hunt put on by a bar in Avon Montana every March! A lot of standing in snow drinking beer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRRRRR it cold in here. There must be some FDG in the atmosphere (only Jerrod will get this) fc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so totally Get it! FDGD's rather than Torro's!

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.