Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A cliché within a cliché

I finally got to see the 1935 film version of Les Miserables. After this story turning into a cliché of its self, it was nice to see the 1935 clean, pure vision of the story. Although my favorite summary of Les Mis is from the 1995 movie Jeffrey:

"I’m too "happy" for Les Mis. I never did get that show. It's about a guy, who
steals a loaf of bread, and then suffers for the rest of his life. For toast!
Get over it.”

In last couple of scenes Fredric March, playing Jean Valjean cannot get through the barricades, so must carry Marius down into the Paris Sewers. He struggles to carry the critically wounded man whilst being pursued by Inspector Javert. As the music and the filthy waters swell, Fuzz lifts his head from the Macbook he’d been clicking away on and says, “Oh….this is Phantom?”

So, if anyone asks we watched Phantom Of The Opera last night.

1 comment:

  1. Even with Gerrard Butler in Phantom, I slept through it. The only movie I've ever done that in.

    You're all classical and shit!

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.