Tuesday, August 11, 2009

HIV SQUARE

Every weekday I pass by a particular shopping center driving to and from work. And, for years I’ve referred to it as The HIV Square. No one ever questions me on this, probably because they’re frightened of the answer.


Last Saturday I had a chance to go to the square when I met up a group of friends for lunch at Pei Wei, a cute but over done Asian diner. This location had just opened in HIV Square so I was excited to meet up with good friends but also to snap some pictures of the cooperate art that stands on the corner of Colorado Blvd.and Buchtel Blvd. When you're driving down Colorado Blvd. you get to enjoy this:









Remind you of anything? Like this?




I’m sure that the post-apocalyptic modern artist was laughing all the way to the bank. But, if you're now thinking that I have no taste or respect to for HIV/AIDS concerns, you are completely correct. I'm sorry. It is not a laughing matter. Trust me on that one. I think they're supposed to be....dandelions. Evil, hell-bent dandelions. Dandelions that want your soul.

4 comments:

  1. Please... like you could offend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, controversial! Bring it, kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pollen from space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to have a drink - okay - several drinks - with you.

    You sick twisted piece of hyper smart filth.

    Dont change.... we like it.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.